PFU #037: Halloween 2016
USE: Letting out the bile and horror of the events of this year.
1. Kevin Smith – Rapture Horns
2. USA Freedom Kids – Freedom’s Call
3. The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion – Skunk
4. The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band – Look Out! There’s A Monster Coming
5. Sonic Youth – Youth Against Fascism
6. Norma Tanega – You’re Dead
7. Vivaldi – Cum Sancto Spiritu
8. The United States Armed Forces – Operation Wandering Soul
9. Sukia – Feel’n Free
10. Jody Williams – Endless Sleep
11. Weird War – AK-47
11. Robert MacCready – A Stabbing
13. Steven J. Bernstein – Come Out Tonight
14. Childish Gambino – I. Crawl
15. Method Man – Donald Trump Voicemail
16. Free Kitten – Never Gonna Sleep
17. Serge Gainsbourg – Cha Cha Cha du Loup
18. The Jim Carroll Band – People Who Died
19. Ice Cube – We Had to Tear This Motherfucker Up
20. The Modern Lovers – Hey There Little Insect
21. Leonard Cohen – You Want It Darker
22. The Conet Project – The Swedish Rhapsody
23. IQU – Fortune Cookie
24. Katie Lee – Schizophrenic Moon
25. WKCR – Unexplained Radio Takeover
26. Eric Burdon & The Animals – Hotel Hell
27. Nina Simone – Sinnerman
PFU #035 – HALLOWEEN MIX 2015
1. Tom Waits – Frank’s Wild Years
2. David Miscavige – L. Ron Hubbard Death Briefing
3. Spoon – TV Set [Cramps Cover]
4. Warpaint – Disco//Very
5. Kool Keith & L’Orange – Dr. Bipolar
6. Mourn – Your Brain is Made of Candy
7. Richard Rome – Ghost a Go-Go
8. Peaches – Burst!
9. Betty Chung – Bang, Bang [Mandarin Version]
10. The Shivas – You Make Me Wanna Die
11. Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds – Pumpkin Pie
12. Johnny Falstaff – Gonna Make You Die
13. David Lynch – Pinky’s Dream [ft. Karen O]
14. The Loneliest Whale in the World – 52 Hertz
15. Eddie Murphy – Black Movie Theaters
16. The People’s Temple Choir – Black Baby
17. Sneaker Pimps – Small Town Witch
18. Thee Oh Sees – Will We Be Scared?
19. A Place To Bury Strangers – Exploding Head
20. Johnny Harris – Paint It, Black
21. The Exorcism of Anneliese Michel 
22. Duchess Says – Rabies (Baby’s Got The)
23. Sun Ra – Nuclear War
24. The Surfmen – Ghost Hop
25. Whodini – The Freaks Come Out At Night
26. Polish Air Force – Aircraft Black Box
27. Portishead – Cowboys
28. Nirvana – Lake of Fire
29. Fela Kuti – Zombie
30. The Minute of Silence for Princess Diana [London]
31. NASA – Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko Song
32. The Caretaker – All You’re Going to Want To Do is Get Back There
PFU #032 – HALLOWEEN 2014
Ebola Cover Hand Drawn By LeighAnnSays
1. Johnny Falstaff – Hear The Screams
2. Active Serial Killer Rodney Acala Winning The Dating Game
3. Sonar Recording – 2004 Tsunami
3. Patience & Prudence – Tonight You Belong To Me
4. YACHT – The Afterlife
5. The Crystals – He Hit Me (And It Felt Like A Kiss)
6. Sideshow Tramps – Tramps & Freaks
7. Budos Band – Black Venom
8. The Strange Boys – Be Brave
9. Stevie Wonder – Skeletons
10. The Magnetic Fields – I Wish I Had An Evil Twin
11. NASA – Radio Waves From Saturn
12. Steve Martin – Hostages
13. The Golliwogs – You Better Be Careful
14. Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan – Stone Cold Dead in the Market
15. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! – Satan Said Dance
16. Donovan – Wild Witch Lady
17. Timber Timbre – Lay Down in the Tall Grass
18. Night Stalker Rapist – Voicemail
19. Os Mutantes – Ave Lúcifer
20. Vincent Price – How To Pockmark A Witch
21. Pink Floyd – Careful With That Axe, Eugene
22. Sammy Davis Jr. – Ding Ding! The Witch is Dead
23. Them – T.B. Sheets
In a rare good turn in a badly long horror franchise, Halloween III: Season of the Witch ditch Mike Myers for some reason and decided to make a Twilight Zone episode with a lot of gore and media satire. It was a pretty good idea.
This is an Halloween IKEA ad in Singapore. I’m going to have to say ok to this one.
The movie Ghost Ship isn’t that good. But the opening scene is one to be one of the best sudden turns to gore in recent horror films.
The credit sequence will be kind of dull, but watch it. Trust me, it will make sense.
Also, watch the Dawn of the Dead remake again. It’s holding up well. It’s opening sequence alone is worth it.
Rodney Alcala killed 50 – 130 women between 1971 – 1979. In the middle of this cross country murder spree, Rodney decided to try out for the Dating Game. With victims fresh in the ground, Alcala went on the show…and won. Knowing that should make the following clip mildly unsettling.
This is a real ad from 1990 for a child’s product. My idea of the marketing team behind this is just too offensive to post. Watch this once. You won’t unsee it.
Also, “Baby Shivers” should be a band name by now.
The weather in Houston today finally changed from something other than bullshit, so today will be the first Halloween post. I hope all of you are up to no good.
Here are some horror film suggestions for your scary season. These trailers alone are horrifying.
This trailer is even scarier for containing the phrase: “No one does it to you like Roman Polanski.”
Bobcat Goldthwait managed to make an excellent horror film about Bigfoot. No seriously.
Our very good friend STRANGE CULTURE released a fantastic Halloween mix comprised of horror soundtracks this year. It’s everything Halloween music should be: terrifying, atmosphere, and very sex. All the best are here: Morricone, Nicolai, Goblin, Ortolani, Carpenter…
- Bruno Nicolai – Sequence One
- François De Roubaix – Les Dunes D’Ostende
- Steven Hufsteter – Kiss of the Damned Love Them
- Ennio Morricone – Valzer
- Acanthus – Les Frisson Des Vampires
- Dies Irae – Nora Orlandi
- Bruno Nicolai – All The Colors Of The Dark
- Mike Oldfield – Tubular Bells
- Fabio Frizzi – Verso L’Ignoto
- John Carpenter – Chariots Of Pumpkins
- Nora Orlandi – Blood Heaven
- Tangerine Dream – Stealing The Silver Cross
- Walter Rizzati – House By The Cemetery Theme
- Riz Ortolani – Il Corpo Di Linda
- Goblin – Parte 1