USE: Crying Alone. For Him.
- The National – I Need My Girl
- Fleetwood Mac – Tusk
- Fred Williams & The Jewels Band – Tell Her
- Radiohead – There There
- Bob Dylan – Positively 4th Street
- Ray Charles – Losing Hand
- Cat Stevens – Trouble
- Pulp – The Fear
- Chuck Berry – Drifting Heart
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah – Details of the War
- The Helio Sequence – October
- Crooked Fingers – When You Were Mine [Prince Cover]
- The Chi-lites – Oh Girl
- Willie Nelson – I’ve Never Cared For You
- John Lee Hooker – The Waterfront
- Broken Social Scene – Lover’s Spit
- Sammy Davis Jr. – The Party’s Over
- Wild Beasts – End Come Too Soon
- Tom Waits – Who Are You?
- Trentemoller – Miss You [Pole Remix]
So we’re back. More to come.
Have A Happy Halloween.
PRODUCTION FOR USE #012
USE: Music to Complement Costumes & Unsettle You in 2010
- David Cross – My Ass is Haunted
- Air – Dead Bodies [PFU Less French Edit]
- The Notorious B.I.G. – Niggas Bleed
- Sammy Salvo – A Mushroom Cloud
- Johnny Cash – Ain’t No Grave
- Can – Thief
- David McCallum – House Of Mirrors
- The Pixies – Wave Of Mutilation (UK Surf)
- Trans Am – Prowler
- Lenny Bruce – My Werewolf Mama
- Swell Maps – The Graveyard Shift
- The Kinks – Wicked Anabella
- Clinic – Harmony
- Crack: We Are Rock – Hooker Leg
- The 5,6,7,8’s – Scream
- Sun Ra – Hot Skillet Mama
- Caribou – Bloody Murder
- Herbi Silvers and Sam Hoffman – So Attracted To You
- Luna – The Creeps
- Lalo Schifrin – Another Victim
- Radiohead – Meeting In The Aisle
- Link Wray – Jack the Ripper
- The Fiery Furnaces – The Duplexes of The Dead
- Muddy Waters – Evil
- Crooked Fingers – Juliette
- The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion – Sticky
- Robert MacCready – A Stroke [Tape for Murmur]
DOWNLOAD! CLICK HERE!!
Ka-Boom. This is the “official” beginning of Production For Use. For the first real post i didn’t want to leave anyone out. I tried to think of the most fitting and encompassing opening to a blog that aims to provide specified life soundtracks. Heartbreak was the only real answer.
Listening to music to deal with getting your heart stomped is probably the most common use of all music, ever since humans knew enough words to say “Fuck this, I’m leaving”. I’m sure there’s a romantic explaination…something about the heart technically being an instrument. Cruelty and sensitivty appears to be engrained in our genetic make-up, therefore heartbreak is also the most common theme in music. It beats love songs by a mile…in numbers and appreciation. This isn’t surprising. Heartbreak is one of the only things everyone can relate to. Love songs are excessive supplements, break up songs are a necessity.
Against my better judgement I decided to take on the task of finding a handful of what I thought were the most useful songs for heartbreak. Not just song about heartbreak, but songs that would be useful when you are actually going through it. As you may imagine there is a long and diverse list. Heartbreak is never simple, even when it is. Valentine’s Day seemed like the ideal place to start. PFU will be presenting several different collections of songs for romantic loss over the coming days. This is an attempt at a handy loveworn anthology. The mixes are gender specific and loosly follow the 7 stages of greif. The kick-off mix is for men, and the tone is angry.
Remember to please retain the song order.
PFU MIX #001
USE: Dealing with Heartbreak – Shock & Anger Stages. For Him.
- Steve Martin – How To Leave Your Lover
- Saul Williams – List of Demands (Reparations)
- Simon & Garfunkel – Cecilia
- Screamin’ Jay Hawkins – There’s Something Wrong With You
- Q65 – Get Out Of My Life Woman
- The Wu-Tang Clan – Dogshit
- The Rolling Stones – Some Girls
- Zeigenbock Kopf – I Know Sorry When I See It
- The Sonics – Shot Down
- The Lovemakers – Whine and Dine (DJ Cuba Gooding Jr. Remix)
- Crooked Fingers – Solitary Man
- Desmond Dekker – This Woman
- Willie Nelson – Bloody Mary Morning
- The Dirtbombs – Lost Love
- Half Japanese – 1,000,000 Kisses
- Baby Huey & Baby Sitters – Messin With The Kid
- The Cold War Kids – There’s Something Not Right With Me
- Ghostface Killah – You Know That I’m No Good (Ft. Amy Winehouse)
- The Bee Gees – Earnest of Being George
- Pere Ubu – Final Solution
- Phoenix – Consolation Prizes
- John Lee Hooker – I’m Bad Like Jesse James (Live)
- Journey – You’re On Your Own
DOWNLOAD! CLICK HERE!!